Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bea Arthur!

On this day in 1922, Bea Arthur was born.

Did you know that Bea Arthur was the original Yente the Matchmaker in Fiddler on the Roof. The role that I tend to think of as being played by a short, stumpy lady was originated by the tall, skinny Bea Arthur. What couldn't that woman do?

As today should be a day of celebration in honor of Bea Arthur, I suggest celebrating by watching these videos.


Bosom Buddies from Mame




The Star Wars Holiday Special




I Got You Babe from Golden Girls




Sex and the City parody from TV Land




Golden Girls Theme




A Tribute to Bea Arthur using the final scene from Golden Girls




The Best of Bea




Don't Rain on My Parade




And then there's Maude




Do the Urkel! (Thank you, YouTube, from the bottom of my heart).




Bea Arthur reads from Pam Anderson's book (NSFW)

No comments:

Post a Comment